Thursday, July 12, 2007

the mouse's son-in-law

The Mouse's Son-in-law(a corean story)
This happened back in the days when humans and animals were geting along very well. A mouse family lived in a tavern's basement. They didn't have any children,but one day, the female mouse praied for having a baby. Soon,a girl(a girl mouse, of course) came into the world.
Her father thought that she was extremly beautiful and intelligent, so she'll need a great husband,a good match for her. So, he decided to search the world over for the future lucky one.
First, he went to a fisherman's skiff. Soon, they were struck by a storm and the man started praying for the sun to come out."Hmmmmmm,said the mouse to himself,it seems that the sun is more powerful than a human being". Then he decided to go ask the sun to be his son-in-law .
...............the sun retorted:"Seems like the clouds are able to cover my light.The White Cloud might help you in this "marriage brokerage" issue".
.................the cloud replied:"The wind blows me off at a dash anytime.I'm not a match for your daughter".
................and the angry wind answerd:"Sir,I've been trying to pass the walled town for years,but it's useless. You must talk to the wall your problem!"
...............the wall was so pissed off when our "mouse" father arrived.
"Because of your bloody kind, I'm not as strong as I was in the begining. You chew,make holes and damage any structure".
It was then, our mouse realized that the right husband for his daughter was none other than a mouse.............
He returned and had his daughter married with a properly mouse,who soon became the leader of his kind.
FINISH

I read this story one night and I was easily captivated by its flavour.
damn............... I have such ugly feet! :))

No comments: